Account Management Executive Consultant
Account Management Executive Consultant (National Accounts)
Location: Any US strongly prefer West Coast region
Responsible for managing and coordinating account service activities as the primary customer contact for retention of National Account employer groups. May also work with new sales. Typical group size is 5,000 eligible or enrolled subscribers. Exhibits senior level sales competencies as defined by the business unit. Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Defines and oversees the execution of account management and retention strategy for a defined book of accounts.
- Identifies opportunities for penetration sales.
- Supports pursuit of new business opportunities either directly with a broker/consultant or potential client, or through a team approach with field office sales staff.
- Provides support for field sales staff with RFP responses, proposals, client presentations, and underwriting coordination on new business sales opportunities.
- Develops business relationships with brokers, consultants, and key decision makers in order to meet or exceed new and renewal sales targets.
- Manages the annual renewal process for accounts, including underwriting negotiation, preparation of renewal analysis, and client presentations.
- Coordinates and controls new business implementation activities.
- Trains/mentors lower level Account Management staff. Identifies competitive situations within assigned accounts or group market, analyzes information, and develops
proposals and execution plans to management.
- Works directly with Sales Account Representatives / Account Service Representatives to assure that all aspects of account service run smoothly.
Requires a BA/BS; 7 years of experience in account management or sales; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background. Sales license required where necessary.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills; as well as exceptional presentation capabilities.
- Strong leadership skills with demonstrated ability to lead multi-functional teams
- Broad business acumen.
- Appropriate state insurance licensure required.
- Large group and/or national account group size account management experience preferred.
About the Company
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America’s leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
How to apply
Apply for this job online using the following link.
External Link »