At Help Scout, we build tools that enable more than 8,000 businesses in 140 countries to communicate with customers in the most human, helpful way. Our success to date has been the result of three things: crafting an excellent product, building a brand that aligns with the values of customer-centric companies, and advocating for customer service professionals.
As our first Account Manager, you’ll play a critical role in establishing new relationships and continuing existing dialog with our larger customers to ensure we’re delivering on our mission to help them provide excellent customer service. You’ll also have the opportunity to craft how we approach 1:1 Account Management in an authentic, proactive and customer-centric way.
About the role
- You'll work to build 1:1 relationships with our larger customers, most of whom we do not have ongoing established relationships with. Your job is to be a trusted advisor,
working alongside them to ensure they're successfully achieving their goals with Help Scout.
- You’ll become a product expert by training with our support and sales team on a regular basis, so that you can guide customers through advanced implementations and
use cases of the product in their organization.
- You’ll proactively identify, grow and forecast upgrade/expansion/retention of your customer base to the finance team so that we can forecast accurately.
- You'll be responsible for establishing a meeting cadence with these accounts where you'll document key contact roles, use cases, payment preferences, strategic goals,
expected outcomes and overall health of the account.
- You'll proactively monitor, manage and negotiate annual renewals to ensure customers continue to get the most out of their annual plan.
- You'll work with customers to optimize their existing setup, understand current challenges, assist with facilitating change, and drive new feature adoption.
- When recommending an upgrade, you’ll educate the customer on benefits, and guide them all the way through successful implementation, making sure they’re setup for
- You’ll be responsible for reporting on learnings and valuable feedback to the rest of the team so that we can improve the product, prioritize the right features, and improve
our 1:many customer success efforts.
- You'll play a key role in influencing or in some cases creating 1:many trainings and calls designed to help your smaller customers succeed, without always requiring a 1:1
Help Scout is made by roughly 75 people in 40+ cities around the world, all with a passion for excellence in their craft.
We come from diverse backgrounds and are united by an enthusiasm for great products and delightful customer experiences.
Since launching in April of 2011, Help Scout now powers 8,000+ support teams in over 140 countries. Our software is used and trusted by businesses of every shape and size.