This role is fully remote and based in the US or Canada.
The Accounting Manager Internal Controls will be an integral part of the Finance leadership team. You will work closely with your Finance and Accounting leadership cohorts as well as business partners and other internal and external stakeholders. This role reports to the Corporate Controller.
- Develop company-wide and business process risk assessments to evaluate and address any impact the results may have on the control environment.
- Design and implement efficient and effective controls across the organization.
- Implement documentation including process narratives, process flowcharts, risk and controls matrix and evaluate controls. Particularly around a proprietary exchange
- Identify and evaluate business and technology risks, internal controls which mitigate risks, and related opportunities for internal control improvement and implementation.
- Use critical thinking skills to quickly identify internal control deficiencies, evaluate their risk implications, and draw the appropriate conclusions.
- Actively participate in decision making with process owners, provide meaningful insights, and seek to understand the broader impact of current decisions.
- Build and nurture positive working relationships with process owners, by providing high-quality deliverables and communications, providing them tools and templates that
can help them better achieve their process objectives and our control objectives.
- Conduct periodic meetings/walkthroughs with process owners to ensure any changes to processes are updated and properly assessed for control gaps. Supporting
process owners through training, reviewing, and providing guidance for their processes.
- Staying current to changes in regulatory guidance, industry best practices, and areas of focus/hot topics for external audits.
- Actively building and managing relationships with Company stakeholders, while promoting the importance of compliance initiatives throughout the organization.
- Facilitate requests between the control owners and the external audit team.
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. Founded in 2011 and with over 4 million clients, Kraken is one of the world’s largest, most successful bitcoin exchanges and we’re growing faster than ever. Our range of successful products are playing an important role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We attract people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers who see value in being radically transparent. Let’s change the way the world thinks about money! Join the revolution!