We are looking to hire an experienced Android engineer to help enhance our Android app and our Android SDK. Our goal is to craft a wonderful experience for our Android app users and also make it easy for Android developers to add Help Scout capabilities to their apps. Your work will empower over 8,000 businesses around the world to provide exceptional, human customer service, while supporting the other senior engineers on your team.
Tools we use
- Kotlin, Java, Pusher, AWS, Firebase
- Slack, Trello, Jira, Github, Travis
About the role
- Our engineering team is currently thirty-seven people, just over half the company. You will be working on our five-person mobile team which includes another Android
engineer, two other iOS engineers and a designer. You’ll be involved in every decision made regarding implementation, testing, and backlog prioritization.
- A separate team of engineers owns the back end API endpoints, so your work will be mostly focused on the app, SDK implementation, and design details. You’ll also get
everything you need from the design team with regard to Android-specific visual design and interactions.
- You’ll work with customers and QA testers to ensure releases meet customer demands and our high quality bar.
- Our engineering teams work in two-week iterations, communicate mostly via Slack and are committed to remote, agile development. When you are ready, you’ll create
and send a pull request with tests and tag your team for review - using video and screen-sharing as needed. Your development builds can be easily tested on
environments that closely match production. You’ll work autonomously for the most part and we trust you to get work done when/where you can be productive.
- Your team performs engineering support when a question can’t be answered by our in-house support team and passes triage. We’ll get you up-to-speed with engineering
support so you can help our customers and improve the product along the way.
- Everything is secondary to the customer experience. We expect you to have a keen sense of how your code will impact the experience in terms of performance, security
- You'll be working with product people that challenge you to get better every day. The founders are technical and committed to creating a magical experience for
customers. You'll deploy work that moves the needle for businesses around the world.
- You are located between UTC-5 and UTC+1. For example, you could work 9-5 from either Nova Scotia/Boston/Brazil or UK/France/Nigeria.
Help Scout is made by roughly 75 people in 40+ cities around the world, all with a passion for excellence in their craft.
We come from diverse backgrounds and are united by an enthusiasm for great products and delightful customer experiences.
Since launching in April of 2011, Help Scout now powers 8,000+ support teams in over 140 countries. Our software is used and trusted by businesses of every shape and size.