Director, Human Resources
The Director of Human Resources leads the human capital agenda for the institution. He/she will be a key contributor on both a strategic and operational level, serving as a trusted advisor and business partner to the institution. He/she will collaborate with the HR Shared Services group to execute on a wide range of organizational initiatives. The Director will lead major change initiatives, coordinating support from HR Shared Services. The Director is a seasoned people-manager who is committed to the development of high performing faculty and staff across the institution.
Ideally, this position will be based on the west coast but is open to candidates in all locations.
- Develops HR strategy to align with institutional goals and objectives.
- Executes talent review process to identify key talent for institutional succession plan
- Interprets and applies HR policy and practices to ensure compliance and mitigate liability.
- Collaborates with institutional leadership to inform effective organizational design.
- Partners with institutional leadership to drive employee engagement.
- Drives performance management process ensuring goal alignment and ongoing feedback occurs.
- Facilitates Professional Development programs for College staff and faculty.
- Manages escalated employee relations matters to mitigate organizational liability.
- Builds partnership with HR Shared Services to ensure the requirements of the institution are reflected in program and process designs.
- Partners with HR Shared Services to ensure smooth execution of processes at the institutional level.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Directly supervises the institutional HR team.
- Accountable for recruiting, selecting and developing HR talent.
- Provides oversight of projects and assignments; manages and appraises performance; effectively aligns rewards and recognition with performance outcomes.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Leadership Inspires and motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others; accepts feedback from others; gives appropriate
recognition to others; able to build morale and group commitment to goals and objectives.
- Business Acumen Demonstrates knowledge of key business drivers impacting the organization in order to partner with leaders on create problem solving.
- HR Knowledge Remains current on relevant laws, legal rulings and regulations. Maintains up-to-date knowledge of general HR practices, strategy and technology.
Demonstrates a working knowledge of critical human resource function.
- Analytical Thinking Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs work flows and
- Change Management Partners with leadership team to develop communication and change strategy; builds commitment and overcomes resistance; prepares and
supports those affected by change; monitors transition and evaluates results.
- Conflict Resolution Takes actions that resolve conflicts in a manner that is best for both the organization and the individuals involved; addresses complaints and problems
quickly and effectively; keeps all parties informed of the status; encourages employees to report problems or concerns and negotiates outcomes that are viewed as fair
- Decisiveness Displays ability to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in
- Professional Development Commits to his/her professional development and development of others. Motivates and encourages development by identifying skill
enhancements opportunities and neutralizing barriers to such development.
- Manages Competing Priorities Handles multiple assignments and priorities fulfilling all commitments; readily accepts new responsibilities and adapts well to changes in
procedures; gives appropriate priorities to various work demands.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Education and/or Experience Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s degree and professional certification (PHR/SPHR) preferred. Ten years related experience and/or
training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Extensive knowledge and proficiency in: effective Human Resources practice in large, complex
organizations; talent acquisition; payroll and benefits administration; compensation and strategic planning for total rewards; employee relations; labor law compliance;
ongoing professional development; and systematic performance management. Knowledge of California labor law strongly preferred.
- Language Skills Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to read, analyze and interpret apply policies; ability to respond to common inquiries from
employees; ability to create and deliver presentations to diverse audiences.
- Computer Skills To perform this job successfully, an individual should have proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including intermediate to advanced Excel skills.
About the Company
Carrington College is The Starting Point for Health Care Careers. When you join our team of qualified instructors, you’re choosing an institution that truly cares about its students. If you have a passion for health care and want to be part of an organization focused on providing high-quality education to help students reach their career goals, you’re in the right place!
At Carrington College we care about our colleagues too. We know our students’ success depends on having great faculty and instructors to help guide them on their journey, and we want top-notch talent to be part of our team. We want to help you find your way toward a bright future, both personally and professionally.
How to apply
Apply for this job online using the link below.
External Link »