Hotjar is looking for a customer-centric, analytical and process-driven sales leader who is passionate about creating WOW moments for prospective customers by delivering a painless and intuitive sales experience.
This position will see the successful candidate build a small sales team that is focused on quality and putting the customers’ needs first. We’re looking for someone who has experience in managing teams who are not reliant on pushy sales techniques, and instead focus on delivering efficient, memorable and educational interactions. The sales team will work closely with our Legal, Finance and Customer Success teams to ensure that customers have a smooth experience getting started and continuing their use of Hotjar.
Your main objective will be to create, oversee and improve the processes and resources within our sales pipeline to develop an effortless experience for customers and internal teams alike. We pride ourselves on being timely and delivering quickly, so you’ll be expected to develop the department with these values as a key focus.
In this role you will report to the Director of Customer Experience. This is an excellent remote career opportunity in a key role within a fast growing and innovative tech-startup.
As the Director of Sales you’ll be responsible for:
- Building and leading a small inbound sales team to prospect, develop, close, and prepare appropriate documentation for sales contracts.
- Working closely with Finance and Legal to ensure we efficiently issue and manage estimates, invoices and legal agreements.
- Consulting with internal and external legal counsel as well as the leadership team to close complex enterprise deals.
- Working closely with the Customer Success team both during the sales pipeline and at the handover stage.
- Creating, updating and maintaining a sales opportunity and forecast system.
- Acting as a champion for our prospective and existing customers by defining and at times leading projects that make it possible for them to self-serve their sales-related
needs. This includes working with Marketing and Customer Success to develop appropriate materials and identifying ways to improve our lead generation and onboarding
- Conveying prospective customer needs to product managers and product teams.
- Performing product demos and presenting at product webinars for both prospects and customers.
- Coaching and training all client facing teams as well as driving technical changes to support the sales process.
- Working with the leadership team to create strategies and processes for driving new business and new products across different territories.
- Partnering with Marketing to create and drive market specific programs and lead generation campaigns.
- Refining and developing how we converse with prospective clients to ensure they are educated on what they can achieve with our product.
- Working with leadership to help determine pricing and product line strategy as well as identify new markets we can enter and develop plans to do so effectively.