Enterprise Data Warehouse Technical Project Lead
SAIC is seeking a Technical Project Lead. Hands-on project manager for an Enterprise Geospatial Data Warehouse operations contract for a natural resources agency. Responsible for management of an operational data warehouse (Informatica and FME ETL and Cognos BI) with a large agency user base of geospatial data analysts and business analysts, and processes that publish data publicly. Project involves data warehouse content governance process, full data lifecycle tracking, management of reference data, support for data warehouse platform (tool evaluation, installation, upgrades), data loading (ETL development), business intelligence reporting, monitoring, metadata development.
- Regular communication with government program management team to resolve operational issues, review priorities, and set direction
- Interaction with data warehouse business users to understand requirements and issues
- Management of an annual program of work
- Lead data warehouse strategy update and implementation in collaboration with customer workgroups
- Consult on strategic direction of data warehouse and coordinate with related programs of data stewardship, enterprise information management, data architecture, data
standards, data center operations, and technology refresh.
- Support content governance process
- Manage a small team of ETL developers and business intelligence specialists; ensure project is properly staffed; identify need to add or change staffing and work through
hiring and orientation processes when needed
Qualifications: Typical education and experience:
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience; Ph.D. or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
- Selected Candidate can work remote from anywhere in US**
- Highly effective stakeholder communication skills
- Project management experience (MS Project) schedule development and maintenance
- Contract project management schedule, staff resources, subcontractors, cost, profit, and customer satisfaction management.
- Experience with some of the following: Data warehouse platform support/architecture implementation (interaction with data center staff, defining ETL requirements and BI
requirements for reports and dashboards and maps), data lifecycle management, data warehouse architecture, software development and documentation, geospatial data
management, open data, metadata development
- Knowledge, experience, or interest in natural resources management
Preferred, but optional knowledge/skills/experience:
- Hands-on experience with geospatial tools (ArcGIS) to access and use data.
- Experience guiding tool evaluations
- Experience supporting data governance, data management (data standards, master data, reference data)
- Familiarity with toolset Cognos, FME, Informatica
About the Company
SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full lifecycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAICs approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
How to apply
Apply for this job online using the link below.
External Link »