We are looking to hire an experienced Executive Assistant on a part-time basis, working 20 hour a week covering the evening hours on the East Coast, but the job’s location can be anywhere within the US. You will be providing extended hours coverage’ to a team of Admins in NYC who support key executives at Handy.
Your work will mostly be web and phone based. All training and work will be done wherever you are, but you need to have your computer and the ability to keep it running.
Please read the attached Job Description in its entirety. It is long (apologies), but it will give you a very good sense of what we are looking for and the importance that we are placing on this position. And please do not apply without a customized response to this job post.
- Receive and transcribe email dictations for contact owner
Task and Time Management
- Record all tasks assigned and performed in appropriate systems
- Keep accurate and detailed records of time spent on tasks in appropriate systems
- Prioritize different types of tasks and meet deadlines
- Consistently stay up to date on task management and communicate effectively regarding what is most important
- Manage Executives time based closely to their priorities. Effectively operate as the gatekeeper of their time to ensure every week most closely represents their most
important priorities and focus.
- Have confidence and sound judgement in pushing back on the Executive when they get distracted from their top priorities.
- Expertly maintain and update calendar in a fast-paced environment with many competing priorities including fielding all incoming scheduling requests, prioritizing
meetings, communicating with all parties, and ensuring that meetings are set up for success – including having accurate locations, contact details, confirmations, and
enough time for everyone to arrive in time and debrief if necessary
- Create follow-up emails to confirm appointments and alert Executive of any conflicts
- When necessary, book travel and accommodations for the CEO and any other team members who are traveling with the CEO
- Create follow-up emails based on information provided by the meeting owner
- Record information collected from the meeting owner in a contact database
- Track action items committed to in meetings
- Add or update calendar items
- Plan for future interactions that Executive may want to deliver to their network
Management of Contact Database
- Enter new contact information into appropriate systems
- Update existing contact information
- Log value activities performed by contact owner
- Log Action items in appropriate systems
- Invite new contacts to proper social media platforms such as LinkedIn
- Accept LinkedIn invitations, if applicable
- Merge duplicate contacts
- Maintain proper system of prioritizing most important relationships and assist with recommending with whom your Executive should interact on any given week
- Perform various internet-based research projects
- Perform business prospect research
- Create email drafts for the folks you work for based on their unique style/tone
- Help in producing meaningful and valuable text that can be delivered to Executives network
- Creation of Value Payload Items (text blurbs on items of value)
Any other responsibilities that might arise while performing this job
Handy is the leading platform for connecting individuals looking for household services with top-quality, pre-screened independent service professionals. From home cleaning to handyman services, Handy instantly matches thousands of customers every week with top-rated professionals in cities all around the world. With a seamless 60-second booking process, secure payment, and backed by the Handy Happiness Guarantee, Handy is the easiest, most convenient way to book home services.