Full Stack Engineer
You will work on our dark web investigation tool, splitting your time between product design and full-stack development. You will also participate in broad exploration to fight child abuse and trafficking. The work spans engineering and product design topics from single-page web application development to wireframing user experience flows, and API endpoint creation to creating and presenting high-fidelity designs to a variety of stakeholders.
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate with the other engineers on your team to maintain and grow our complex client application from end to end.
- Work closely with the product manager and engineers to define product requirements.
- Produce wireframes, mockups, prototypes, and other design artifacts throughout a project’s process.
- Present concepts to various stakeholders, clearly explaining your decisions and how they address real user needs, incorporating feedback in subsequent iterations.
- Help refine and expand our internal design system and think holistically about how our tools support a wide array of user personas and agency sizes.
- Regularly connect with other product designers at Thorn to ensure concepts are in-line with overall product design standards and strategies.
What We’re Looking For:
- You’re a proficient full-stack developer that is experienced in UI and UX design, with a love for creating elegant applications using modern technologies.
- You have experience utilizing contemporary UI & UX prototyping tools to create low-fidelity & high-fidelity designs and prototypes.
- You can work within a defined design system, but can explain why you might need to break outside of it.
- You can work with shifting requirements and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders.
- You have experience prototyping, implementing, testing, and deploying code to production.
- You have a passion for product design and an aptitude to work in a collaborative environment, can demonstrate empathy and strong advocacy for our users, while
balancing the vision and constraints of engineering.
- You communicate clearly, efficiently, and thoughtfully. We’re a highly-distributed team, so written communication is crucial, from Slack to pull requests to code reviews.
Technologies We Use:
If you don’t have experience with all of these, fear not. We want to work with you as long as you have the desire and ability to learn.
- React / Redux / TypeScript
- Node / Express / GraphQL
- Docker / Kubernetes
- AWS / Terraform / Packer
PostgreSQL / Elasticsearch
About the Company
Thorn is a non-profit focused on building technology to defend children from sexual abuse. Working at Thorn gives you the opportunity to apply your skills, expertise and passions to directly impact the lives of vulnerable and abused children. Our staff solves dynamic, quickly evolving problems with our network of partners from tech companies, NGOs, and law enforcement agencies. If you are able to bring clarity to complexity and lightness to heavy problems, you could be a great fit for our team.
How to apply
Apply for this job online using the link below.
External Link »