Head of Content & Marketing
As the home base for the Lean Startup movement, we have a hearty community of enthusiastic followers. And now we are seeking a creative, analytical and metrics-driven Director of Marketing who believes in the power of storytelling, has a proven track record of telling our own story and championing new marketing ideas and initiatives to accelerate our impact.
Come join us if you’re ready to help our customers solve the world’s biggest problems.
In this role, you’ll spearhead initiatives that align the marketing strategy and vision across the whole company, with an initial strong focus on driving the marketing for our annual flagship conference. You will:
- Develop and drive company-wide marketing and media campaigns/initiatives aimed to:
- Increase reach, engagement and brand awareness
- Improve product offerings, product positioning and messaging (including sales and marketing collateral)
- Test, report on, learn and iterate from the outcomes of those initiatives
- Drive company growth, and customer acquisition and retention, via a full stack of marketing activities like:
- Customer and Product research, discovery and development
- Product refinement (re-positioning) and messaging
- Collecting proof points from customers (e.g., case studies)
- Product/vertical marketing
- Channel marketing, demand generation and customer acquisition
- Corporate branding, internal and external
- Partner marketing
- Thought leadership content marketing
- Ensure marketing message and brand consistency across sales, marketing and the company as a whole.
You’ll fit right into this role and our team if:
- You’re curious and resourceful. You LOVE solving problems and aren’t afraid to admit you are obsessed with getting the details right.
- You have experience with, and ENJOY working for a young growing startup. You’ll work directly with the Co-Founder and must love the balance you need in this role; a
mix of big picture strategic thinking and rolling up your sleeves and getting into the details.
- You love that we’re seeking a fresh voice and leader to step in. You’re excited to be the architect that builds out the marketing function and to steer a well-run ship and
- You have a strong sense of ownership and urgency as it relates to the health of the company.
- You possess high levels of integrity, autonomy, and self-motivation.
- You are open to feedback, take ownership of your mistakes, and love applying your lessons learned to get 10x better.
- You have a keen ability to manage competing and changing priorities.
- You are assertive, fair, and capable of directing others and implementing projects with little to no supervision.
- You work well with cross-functional teams and hold yourself accountable for your actions.
- BA/BS in Marketing, Business or related field preferred. MBA or other related graduate degree a plus.
- 7+ years of Marketing experience, with at least 3 years of experience leading a team.
- Familiarity with and enjoy working remotely and collaboratively (Slack, Zoom, Google apps).
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Ability to juggle and prioritize many different tasks simultaneously, and enjoy collaborating with a wide range of teams.
- Experience with Google Analytics (report generation & analysis)
- Bonus if you have marketing experience in Lean Startup, tech and/or innovation space.
About the Company
Born from the global movement spawned by bestselling-author Eric Ries, Lean Startup Company coaches a global community on the latest modern management techniques. We help advance Lean Startup principles, which provide a cutting edge, scientific framework for innovation and customer development. It’s about continuous testing so organizations of all sizes can effectively adapt and adjust before it’s too late.
Through our flagship conference, educational materials, and expert faculty, we arm organizations with the entrepreneurial tools necessary to transform how they work. We serve every size company and sector of the economy —- from the the aspiring entrepreneur to high-growth startups, nonprofits, and large bureaucratic institutions. Our engaged community looks to us for practical knowledge and valuable lessons in modern management.
How to apply
Apply for this job online using the link below.
External Link »