As a Designer at Customer.io, you will:
- Design user interfaces for product features and partner with engineering to get them built.
- Continually amp up our visual style and UI patterns.
- Validate your designs directly with customers
- Assess customer usage patterns and remove roadblocks to successfully completing key tasks.
- Using both data and customer anecdotes to refine concepts for new features.
- Explore the latest design trends and promote them with our team
Who you will be collaborating with…
- Ivana, Sr. UI/UX Designer, to take features from concept to Customer.io! You’ll collaborate continually on distilling user feedback and fellow Amis’ feature pitches into
customer goals, wireframes, and visual designs.
- Madeline, Product Designer, who is working craft our design language across the app by expanding our component library into a full-fledged design system.
- Brian, Director of Product, to determine what we need to build next for our customers. With Brian you’ll focus a lot on customer problems and outcomes in order to
cultivate an iterative design-propelled team culture. Brian recently joined us from Adobe, after spending years building products for designers.
- 3 front-end engineers with a real passion for design and usability. They’ll be close partners: you’ll laugh together, you’ll cry together, you’ll do the best work of your lives
Who are you?
- You’re an excellent visual designer who enjoys working across the entire UX spectrum. Your heart breaks a little when you see an interface lacking a clear call-to-action or
sense of hierarchy. And yes, the one pixel that brings things into alignment matters.
- Your north star is where simplicity, usability, and style intersect. You’re practiced in listening to customers, trying solutions iteratively, and measuring the results until you
reach the solution that stabilizes all three elements.
- You’re hungry to learn, and you love to understand how things work under the hood. You thrive in technical conversations with engineers when needing to balance
constraints with design goals.
- You’re gutsy and self-directed when it comes to problem-solving and working on multiple projects at once. You’re looking to work with a startup where you’ll be
responsible for the impact you make and have a lot of freedom. Working with folks in different time zones will be standard issue for you around here, so being able to stay
determined, even when the answers aren’t in front of you, is essential.
- You are a proactive communicator. You strive to be articulate and empathetic in your interactions and believe in working out loud to share work early and helpfully.
What valuable experience and skills will you bring to the table?
- You have app design experience (you’ve significantly contributed to at least one SaaS or mobile app).
- You have experience owning UI or UX for features on a product development team.
- You have directly worked with customers to validate feature interfaces.
- You’ve successfully partnered with engineers on projects and are confident in engaging on technical topics.
Bonus, but not required (shout about it in your application if you have experience)
- Marketing Technology and/or SaaS Company experience.
- Experience prototyping Interactions or UI Animation.
What’s Customer.io you may ask? We’re a globally distributed tech startup helping companies talk like people. Our customers are marketers, growth hackers, and engineers who are always dreaming up fresh ideas for how to be sincere and personal in their messages to customers. Unlike typical marketing platforms, we help businesses send meaningful messages based on what people do or don’t do when using a web or mobile app. We give our customers the superpower of sending and tracking phenomenal email, SMSs and push notifications. If you knew that already…amazing. If not, nice to meet you!
Sound like the next step in your career? Read on and apply!
P.S. Identify more as UX Designer? UI Designer? Don’t worry about it – let us know if you think this is the place for you.