We’re looking for a Product Manager to come in and make an immediate impact by building tools to scale our business and our platform as we rapidly expand. You will guide the team through the development of highly complex features, using your experience to make tradeoff decisions, prioritize the right things, and ensure we are shipping extremely high quality product. You will work closely with a cross-functional team of engineers, designers, and marketers as well as customers to define, build, and launch new and improved functionality.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere.
- Collaborate with design and engineering to iteratively scope, build and launch new features.
- Build consensus amongst stakeholders by defining a shared vision and establishing a roadmap of prioritized initiatives, backed by quantitative research.
- Research and write detailed user stories as well as high level business cases and specifications. You should be comfortable describing the big picture as well as digging
into the weeds.
- Act as a product owner responsible for prioritization of the team’s backlog, leveraging your experience to prioritize based not only on a technical happy path but also on
business value and strategic direction.
- Effectively use data and analytics to inform the direction of the product.
- Provide leadership by example. Communicate with, influence, and motivate your team to want to build the best product while creating a collaborative environment for
doing so: you will indirectly manage a team of product developers and be partially responsible for their performance and job satisfaction.
In the first week you will:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Work with other product managers and with cross-functional teams to establish a modus operandi.
- Independently start to study and learn the Toptal platform & product suite.
In the first month you will:
- Work cross functionally and with other PMs to craft and prioritize your high level roadmap and backlog. Decide what you’ll be shipping first.
- Continue to learn the Toptal platform & product suite, while also working with Engineering to familiarize yourself with Toptal’s architecture and code base.
- Take over all in-flight and planned initiatives.
In the first three months you will:
- Have your roadmap and product development in full motion. Be fully integrated into your development team as a leader and partner.
- Have created demonstrable value and measurable KPIs that help to drive impact for our business.
- Monitor and measure the success of your initiatives against company goals.
- Continuously improve your team’s processes.
In the first six months you will:
- Develop a repeatable model for delivering upon your roadmap initiatives.
- Work with other product managers to measure and refine your roadmap, backlog, and processes to make improvements over time.
- Constantly re-evaluate your roadmap’s alignment with the strategic goals of the business, adjusting where necessary.
In the first year you will:
- Have delivered on your roadmap priorities and promises. Your team has an incredible record of building impactful products in a timely and elegant fashion.
- Have worked cross functionally to scale your team to meet the growing needs of our business and our users.
Toptal is a network of the world’s top 3% of software engineering, design, and finance talent – available on demand to help companies accelerate, adapt, and scale. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun [see this video from The Huffington Post]. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
If you’re not in the job market, you’re exactly the type of person we’re looking for.