As a Product Manager, SEO, you will work in Toptal’s Growth team. You will specifically own the very top of our funnel, increasing quantity and quality of client prospect traffic to our website, toptal.com.
You will work closely with all parts of the growth team - SEO, paid media, analytics and vertical managers - as well as design and engineering teams, to conceive and execute growth initiatives and new product tests. In any given week, you may be working with the SEO and engineering teams to implement a new set of landing pages, executing SEO-driven tests on the Toptal site, or performing deep analysis on CTR user behavior from AB test results on SERPs.
The role would suit someone with at least 2 years of product management experience growing high-quality traffic for inbound-focused companies.
- Ultimately, success is growing quantity and quality of the traffic to our site.
- Working closely with the Director of SEO, Director of Paid Media, and the wider Growth team, to help execute on the company’s strategic initiatives with the engineering
and design teams.
- Owning initiatives and independent user stories: being the person driving the initiative forward, executing and validating the impact of the initiative once released.
- Performing analysis to determine the viability of new initiatives, as well as post-implementation success measurement on released initiatives.
- Writing clear and comprehensive user stories for the engineering team, and ensuring work meets specifications.
- Using our analytics tools to dive into user behavior to find issues and opportunities which can be translated into a new initiative.
- Effectively use data and analytics to support strategic and tactical initiatives and the creation of the product roadmap.
- Be in constant communication with team members via Slack.
In the first week you will:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal - meet with the teams and people you will have long-term working relationships with.
- Work closely with the Growth Product Management team to get a fundamental understanding of the teams, product and business operations.
- Work closely with the SEO team to dive deep into our history, assets, roadmap, and unexplored opportunities that you will be able to lead.
- Independently start to study and learn the Toptal platform & product suite.
In the first month you will:
- Take ownership of independent stories and driving them to execution with the teams, validating they are delivered accurately, and measuring success.
- Work with the Growth Product Management team on the execution side of larger initiatives, ensuring designs meet requirements, and user stories are well defined and
are delivered to specification.
- Start attending the relevant agile rituals such as planning, daily standups, and retros.
- Begin to dive into user behavior using our analytics tools and platforms to provide insight into the Growth team and Growth Product Management sub-team to inform the
In the first three months you will:
- Start to take ownership of strategic initiatives and driving them forward with the relevant stakeholders, coordinating design, engineering, and content where required.
- Contribute ideas for new experiments and initiatives for the product roadmap, focusing on business value.
- Continue to support the Growth team and the Growth Product Management sub-team on execution, validation, and success measurement of all initiatives.
Toptal is a network of the world’s top 3% of software engineering, design, and finance talent – available on demand to help companies accelerate, adapt, and scale. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun [see this video from The Huffington Post]. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
If you’re not in the job market, you’re exactly the type of person we’re looking for.