The Project Manager provides management, direction and coordination for various projects and activities associated with the deployment, implementation and maintenance of Programs to new and existing customers. This role acts as a customer-advocate and a trusted advisor for long term engagement and success for our healthcare customers in each project as part of a portfolio. Leading with accountability, this role is responsible for compliance with project life cycle and project management principles, including timely communication with affected technical, sales and business staff. A successful candidate is high-energy with a self-starter, and can-do attitude, not intimidated by complicated issues. They have a successful competence in program management, process improvement, and relationship building. They are strategic, acts tactically, and ability to manage multiple moving pieces of a larger view.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Manages multiple, complex project life cycle within a healthcare program through successful completion.
- Guides, mentors and evaluates internal project team performance within project guidelines.
- Manages customer relationships for successful software adoption and project progress in a customer environment.
- Manages complex problems with internal project resources and customer partners.
- Evaluates team performance and provides feedback to various internal departments on challenges and successes of the assigned project.
- Communicates with various Spok departments regarding their roles and performance requirements.
- Directs and performs follow up as necessary to complete projects and elicit customer satisfaction.
- Communicates with customers as primary contact regarding upgrade process, progress and completion. Communication expectations include but are not limited to the
following: sending meeting agendas, writing recaps to confirm client expectations and Spok deliverables; setting, communicating, and updating timelines; escalating
items as appropriate and involve management of customer issues that need assistance in resolving.
- Communicates with different levels of management including C-Suite stakeholders internal and external.
- Collaboratively works and communicates cross-departmentally for customer resolution.
- Maintain client contact and provide regular status updates on progress and level of effort
- Creates and maintains process, standards, and upgrade documentation.
- Maintains and evaluates project plans and related documentation to ensure highest level of customer response.
- Using Microsoft Project and other tools creates detailed timelines, agendas, and meeting recaps.
- Develops and maintains risk and issue logs for organizational lessons learned.
- Evaluates and reports project outcomes, customer satisfaction and customer concerns.
- Reports project status, schedules, issues, resolutions and completions.
- Maintains accurate forecasting for project closures.
- Presents project statuses to key executive stakeholders.
Spok, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Spok Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: SPOK), headquartered in Springfield, Va., is proud to be the global leader in healthcare communications. We deliver clinical information to care teams when and where it matters most to improve patient outcomes. Top hospitals rely on the Spok Care Connect® platform to enhance workflows for clinicians, support administrative compliance, and provide a better experience for patients. Our customers send over 100 million messages each month through their Spok® solutions. When seconds count, count on Spok.