LOCATION: San Jose, California, US
ADDITIONAL LOCATION(S) Anywhere in the US
AREA OF INTEREST Business Development
JOB TYPE Professional
TECHNOLOGY INTEREST *None
JOB ID 1231122
What You’ll Do:
The Sales Business Development Manager Collaboration, Americas Distribution will be responsible for creating an Americas Distribution Collaboration strategy/framework and associated activities to build and optimize Cisco’s distribution channel as the route to market for all of Cisco’s Collaboration solutions. The Americas Distribution SBDM will work cross-functionally with business units, marketing, finance, operations, sales teams, regional channel teams and other subject matter experts across Cisco to:
- Identify opportunities and focus areas for distribution within Collaboration (including but not limited to traditional, SP, hybrid and Cloud/SaaS offers)
- Be the primary SME for Distribution Collaboration internally and externally with our distributor partners
- Evangelize how distribution can optimize the channel/partner route to market for the entire Collaboration portfolio.
- Regular segment interlock and communications within Cisco internally across sales and partner teams as well as our distribution organization in the Americas and
- Advise our programs and operations team on process improvements and profitability guidance as it relates to the architecture and the 2T route to market.
- Understand and provide guidance on offer roadmaps and acquisition integration as it relates to the impact on our distributors and partners
- Be able to articulate trends in the portfolio and relate to knowledge of the industry/competitive pressures and technical/features comparison.
- Track and update Distribution performance within Collaboration as well as identify industry trends, market share and competitive pressures as well as consumption models
and route to market dynamics and update our stakeholders on all of these business indicators for the architecture
- Create and support enablement and practice building frameworks
- Develop and/or influence investment proposals and business cases
- Develop a point of view’ on financial impacts, business trends, and new partner opportunities
- Evangelize Cisco’s Collaboration vision to our channel teams and distribution partner community
We apply our technology and expertise to accelerate global problem solving. We’ve shown for more than 20 years how technology and digitization can open the door to innovation and positively affect people, society, and the planet. Read about our performance and plans.