Accountant on to assist with the daily operations of its clients’ accounting & finance departments. This individual will be working closely with the Controller/Account Manager on each engagement and provide support to complete the different requested services of the client. One should be able to work with a multitude of clients daily to ensure timely completion and compliance is achieved for each entity. This role will be ever changing and will require the candidate to be flexible and open-minded.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assist with supervising, directing and reviewing the work of other accounting team members
- Acts as first line of communication between Controllers and staff to ensure successful completion of all work
- Works with respective Controller/Account Manager in forecasting income and expenses
- Compute and process accruals and prepaid expenses.
- Supervise Reconciliation of bank and credit card accounts monthly
- Manage accounts receivables and accounts payables
- Maintain historical records by filing documents electronically
- Prepare financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends as requested
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by maintaining compliance documentation for each client
- Prepare financial reports monthly for each client for review by respective Controller/Account Manager
- Work with respective team monthly to close books for each client
- Maintain records of vendor relations and statuses
- Stay informed and current with bookkeeping, tax filing, HR standards and other related government regulations
- Perform ad hoc assignments as requested pertaining to client needs
- Manage submitting, approval and tracking of maintenance projects
- Monitor billable hours between different clients
- Organizing documents online in Box
- Create, maintain and develop internal processes
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
Kruze Consulting provides Startup CFO Consulting to startups in Silicon Valley, Los Angeles and New York. The firm handles all Accounting, Bookkeeping, Finance, Human Resources and Tax issues. Kruze utilizes best of breed software tools such as QuickBooks, Xero, Gusto, Zenefits, Expensify, Bill.com, and Emburse. The client base is comprised of Seed, Series A, and Series B startups from YC, 500 Startups, & StartX.