Software Engineer (Ruby on Rails)
We want you to join one of our product engineering teams and help us build a product our customers love. The product engineering team at TaxJar is solving complex problems on a daily basis, supporting our growing customer base and creating new solutions in a complex domain. We deal with large datasets, complex frequently-changing sales tax rules, and automating complex processes for thousands of business customers.
As a Rails Developer at TaxJar you will:
- Write strong Ruby on Rails code daily
- Be challenged to solve new problems
- Review and test your teammates pull requests
- Contribute to and maintain our existing Rspec test suites
- Maintain and update our sales tax reporting application
- Build out apps and services for managing thousands of sales tax rules
- Help with improving and scaling our SmartCalcs API
- Work with Rails, Elixir, Vue.js, Heroku, Postgres, Sidekiq, Magento, WooCommerce, and more
- Help monitor and support 24/7 Rails applications and services
- Spend time working the customer success inbox. Our employees, even the CEO, spend time doing this - we’re all in it together.
This is a full-time remote position, available to folks located in the US.
- 3+ years production experience with: Rails 4, Postgres, Sidekiq
- Ability to write clear and accurate tests using RSpec/Capybara
- Write code that is maintainable and readable by your team
- Be accountable for the code you deliver to production
- Manage development tasks from assignment through to production
- Agile, humble, trustworthy, and a team player
- Rapid learner who thrives in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Passion for building simple and intuitive solutions for complex problems in ecommerce
- Prior SaaS development, API development or similar app dev experience
- Excel at communicating with the team remotely (chat, video, email, etc)
You’ll be a great fit on our team if you're
- Only want to work remotely
- Are a PRO at communicating and collaboration
- Highly value working with people you like and respect
- Are accountable
- Are confident in your skills and a solid team player (We’re peers here, no egos please) but also comfortable working asynchronously
- Hungry to play an impactful role and not afraid to fail
About the Company
About TaxJar TaxJar is the leading technology solution for busy eCommerce sellers to manage sales tax and is trusted by more than 10,000 businesses. We were founded to help eCommerce merchants and developers spend less time on sales tax and more time growing the businesses they love.
Who we are We’re a distributed team that knows first-hand the sales tax challenges we’re working to resolve. We're lean, but experienced. We've started our own businesses, sold successful companies (a few in the tax and accounting space), been part of IPOs, worked at Fortune 500s and have even resold hundreds of designer shoes on eBay from the garage. We get it. Sales tax isn't fun and that's why we made TaxJar.
How to apply
Apply for this job online using the link below.
External Link »