This year, we’re making big changes to our product and we are looking for a UX / UI Designer to join GMB. You’ll be part of a team that is helping to imagine and build new products — as well as improve existing ones.
What will be your responsibilities?
- Design and take ownership for the user experience of our products — including creating user journeys, wireframes and interactive prototypes
- Create high fidelity user interaction and interface designs
- Work closely with our engineering team to ensure implementation aligns with designs
- Develop standards and a unified style guide for your designs, to ensure a consistent user experience and to make it easy for others to implement
- Present and communicate your ideas and designs to others in the company
- Contribute to overall brand and design strategy
- Be involved in various kinds of usability testing (User testing, Beta testing, A/B etc.)
- Interact with our customers, to understand how they use our products, their goals and pain points.
To do this job, you will need:
- Proven experience as a UX / UI Designer — backed up by a strong portfolio
- Experience in designing high quality experiences for both mobile and desktop
- Experience in user journey mapping, wire-framing and interactive prototypes
- High attention to detail and a passion for keeping designs simple and efficient
- Well rounded design skills that range from early wire frames, through to high fidelity designs
- Proficient with design tools, such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, Adobe CC, InVision, Balsamic etc
- Good knowledge of design trends and best practices across different devices and platforms
Other Requirements & Competencies
- Are clear on the value you’ll bring to the team.
- Know how to follow instructions and how to be creative – and how to choose between them.
- Speak and read/write perfect English.
- Have a sense of humor.
- Always work to develop a growth mindset.
- Good at self-managing.
- A ‘Hands On’ attitude: You are naturally curious and want to understand how things work. You also aren’t afraid to get your hands dirty and take ownership when issues
- Able to work in an agile environment. This means working iteratively and a willingness to change priorities based on changing business dynamics
- Can make things happen. You are a doer/maker as well as a planner.
- Can manage written communication with a lot of different people.
Not mandatory, but nice to have:
- You’ve been following GMB for a while and understand what sets us apart from other fitness companies.
- You’ve used one of our products
- Worked within a distributed team environment
- Experience with designing WordPress themes
Hi, we’re GMB, and we teach people how to use their bodies better.
The word “fitness” has been perverted to mean doing things you hate to impress people you don’t like with a body that’s too tired and sore to do anything fun. We’re here to change that, and we need your help.
We started out in 2010 with an email subscription form, a YouTube account, and a lot of scrambling to figure things out. Even with over 40,000 clients in 80 countries, pretty much everything about how we’ve built our company and marketed our products has been bootstrapped by a small group of deeply invested people wearing a lot of hats and learning as we went along. Even with a team of over twenty people, that’s our DNA – learning and making it work.