This web designer role is a blend of strong graphic design creativity and front-end web development utilizing dynamic web programming experience. Leads daily production updates of compassion.com and related websites. Works with a variety of stakeholders to analyze, plan, design and implement new web pages and new websites using knowledge of usability, information architecture and search engine optimization and testing. Uses skills to increase the revenue and customer retention aspects of our web initiatives.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a temporary position with an approximate end date of October 26.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and
outside of Compassion, and faithfully upholds Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
- Acts as an advocate for children – raising the awareness of the needs, neglect, nurture, and potential of children in poverty and challenging and enabling those within
one’s influence to greater involvement and effectiveness on behalf of children.
- Leads the updates and edits to our website using our web content management system (SDL Tridion). Responsible for implementing changes and additions to the site in
response to helping marketing departments achieve their goals. Uses the web content management system in order to edit/create pages, assist and train other
departments with adding/editing content.
- Establishes best practices for the web content management system (SDL Tridion), including developing and maintaining documentation/videos.
- Creates graphics, banners, landing pages, and web sites. Creates wireframes, rapid prototypes, user interfaces, and comp designs. Designs layouts for maximum
usability and focus on user experience
- Works with internal stakeholders and external agencies to determine internet strategy. Makes recommendations during planning and design based on usability and search
engine optimization best practices.
- Plans, configures and monitors user testing and analytics for web pages and websites to ensure conversion optimization, mobile readiness, cross-browser/mobile
compatibility and optimal user experience.
- Performs detailed tracking and reporting of work using a task management system.
Compassion International is a child-advocacy ministry that pairs compassionate people with those who are suffering from poverty. The ministry releases children from spiritual, economic, social, and physical poverty. The goal is for each child to become a responsible and fulfilled adult.
Compassion's work has grown from modest beginnings in South Korea in 1952 when American evangelist Rev. Everett Swanson felt compelled to help 35 children orphaned by the Korean conflict. Today it is a worldwide ministry where millions of children are now reaping the benefits of one man's clear, God-given vision.